Gluck Fellows are regularly registered UCR graduate and undergraduate students who offer arts education programs in the local Riverside community. Gluck Fellows generally present their programs at schools and community sites from August - May each year.
Looking for a missing form? Want some information about the Program before you apply? All of the information, handbooks, forms, and evaluations you will need to apply for and carry out a Gluck fellowship are here! Please expand the menu items below for more information.
- General Information/FAQs shows the annual application deadlines.
- Fellowship Opportunities/Fellowship Types describes the different kinds of fellowships you can apply for.
- Fellowship Application Forms has applications for each type of fellowship. Make sure you are using the correct form for the fellowship you want to apply for!
- Gluck Fellow Handbooks have all the information you need regarding fellowship obligations and financial aid support. Each type of fellowship has its own handbook.
- Fellowship Forms has all of the forms you need to submit to start and continue your fellowship. Not all Fellows need to complete all forms - see which ones you need for your fellowship by checking the Handbook.
- Fellowship Evaluations has links to the Google Forms for each fellowship type. Evaluations are required before your fellowship will be paid. Please be sure to fill out the evaluations that match your fellowship!
- CORD instructions are for Classroom Fellows only.
Would you like to be a Gluck Fellow in 2020-21? Applications are available April 1 and due May 15. You are welcome to visit the Gluck office to chat about other fellowship opportunities that may be available! OPA! fellowships, for example, are available all year round... The Gluck office is located in the CHASS Interdisciplinary Building North, 2027.
Information, Handbooks, and Forms for Current and Future Gluck Fellows
Gluck Applications for 2020-21 are available April 1, 2020 and are due to the Gluck office May 15, 2019. Fellows with successful applications for 2020-21 will receive notification from their department by July 1, 2020.
Gluck Fellowships are considered Research as defined by the UCR Undergraduate Research Program as they are overseen by ladder rank faculty.
Fellowship Opportunities/Fellowship Types
This section describes the available types of Gluck fellowship opportunities. Please determine which type of fellowship you would like to apply for, and then download the correct application from the Application section below. If you have any questions about which application you should fill out, please contact us!
- Graduate Student Classroom Fellows: Applications for graduate students open April 1 and are due May 15 each year. Graduate students in the following departments are eligible to apply for Classroom Fellowships: Art, Creative Writing, Creative Writing for the Performing Arts, Dance, History of Art, and Music. The Gluck Department Coordinator from each department chooses each year's Fellows from the applicant pool. Classroom Fellows develop a 30-minute or one-hour interactive workshop and offer 12 hours of community outreach to schools and community sites.
- Improvology! is a touring ensemble that produces an improv-based, 'choose your own adventure' live theatre production for students in 3rd and 4th grade. There are cast and crew opportunities for the Fall tours each year. Undergraduate and graduate students in all departments and majors are welcome to audition. Please contact the Production Manager of the Theatre, Film, and Digital Production Department for more information about June auditions!
- TimeTravelers is a touring ensemble based upon Spanish Golden Age Commedia for 5th and 6th graders. There are cast and crew opportunities for the Fall tours each year. Undergraduate and graduate students in all departments and majors are welcome to audition. Please contact the Production Manager of the Theatre, Film, and Digital Production Department for more information about June auditions!
- The Gluck Contemporary Dance Ensemble (CDE) is a Gluck touring ensemble of 5 or 6 undergraduate dancers (Ensemble Members) led by a graduate student (the Graduate Fellow Leader) from the dance department. They present a performance with an interactive portion at schools and other sites in the Riverside community. Fellowship awards are given to ensemble members who complete the tour. Please contact the Gluck Dance Department Coordinator for more information.
FAMILY LEARNING FELLOWS
- Museum Education Fellows: Gluck Fellows at UCR ARTS provide educational programs at the UCR/CMP, Sweeney Art Gallery, and Culver Center of the Arts, generally once a month from October-May.
- Family Learning Fellows: The Gluck office has a fellowship for a First Sundays museum educator who will offer family-friendly art making activities at the Riverside Art Museum, generally once a month from October-May.
- GluckTV, Social Media, and VRC Fellows: The Gluck Office offers fellowships to graduate and undergraduate students who have skills in film making and social media promotion. The VRC (Visual Resources Collection) also has opportunities for students interested in photographic conservation. See the Family Learning Fellow Handbook for more details, or contact the Gluck Office.
OUTREACH PERFORMING ARTISTS FELLOWS
- OPA! (Outreach Performing Artist) Fellows are graduate and undergraduate students who have talents to perform in the community. Apply online and audition all year! OPA! fellowship information is available here.
Fellowship Application Forms
Please read the Fellowship Opportunities section above to determine the type of fellowship you would like to apply for, and then download the correct application linked below. Click the link to download the application file (Word document). Each application has specific submission instructions. See the Arts Education Resources page for best practices and resources for developing your fellowship proposal.
Gluck Fellow Application INFORMATION PACK - All the information you need to complete your CLASSROOM or FAMILY LEARNING Fellow application!
Use the Application Information Pack to help you fill in your Classroom or Family Learning Fellow Application
Available in April for 2020-21; due to Gluck email May 15, 2020
Available in April; due to Gluck email May 15, 2020
Ongoing application acceptance from August 2019 - May 2020
Want more information on Fellow obligations? Download a Handbook!
CLASSROOM FELLOW Handbook (including Classroom Fellows, MoveMore Fellows, and ASK Residents)
FAMILY LEARNING FELLOW Handbook (including Local and GluckGlobal Fellows in the following areas: UCR ARTS Museum Education, Family Learning, GluckTV, Social Media, and the VRC)
ENSEMBLE FELLOW Handbook (Improvology! TimeTravelers and Contemporary Dance Ensemble cast and crew)
OPA! (OUTREACH PERFORMING ARTIST) FELLOW Handbook (including members of Mosaic, Spotlight on Hope, UCR LPP, Guardian Ambassadors, and student-run music ensembles)
Please see the Gluck Handbook (above) for your type of fellowship to determine which forms you will need to complete. Not all Fellows complete all forms. Click the link to either download the form (PDF or Excel file) or go to the Google Form.
1. Waiver of Liability - all Fellows
Please save file as: Lastname_Firstinitial_Liability_Year eg: Smith_J_Liability_19-20
2. CANRA Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse - all Fellows
Please save file as: Lastname_Firstinitial_CANRA_Year eg: Smith_J_CANRA_19-20
3. Media Release form - all Fellows
Please save file as: Lastname_Firstinitial_MedRel_Year eg: Smith_J_MedRel_19-20
4. Online Fellow Information Form - all Fellows
5. Armatus Child Protection Online Training Quick Start Guide - all Fellows (detailed instructions available in the Fellow Handbook)
Please save the certificate of completion as: Lastname_Firstinitial_CANRACert_Year ex: Smith_J_CANRACert_19-20
6. Gluck Program Pack - Classroom Fellows only
7. Availability Calendars - Classroom Fellows only
Early Start Availability Calendar: by request only
Fall Quarter Availability Calendar: Due October 1
Winter Quarter Availability Calendar: Due December 1
Spring Quarter Availability Calendar: Due March 1
Recorded Media Release Form - for Fellows who are contributing to the Gluck Music Bank or GluckTV YouTube channel
All Fellows must complete one or more evaluation forms before fellowship payment is processed through financial aid/Banner. Please see below for your type of fellowship to determine which evaluation form(s) you need to complete. All evaluations are Google Forms. Just click the link for the evaluation(s) you need to fill out. If you have questions about which evaluation to do, please ask us!
CLASSROOM FELLOW Self Evaluation - this includes the following: Classroom Fellows, ASK Residency Fellows, and all members of Improvology! TimeTravelers and the Contemporary Dance Ensemble (cast and crew)
CLASSROOM FELLOW Site Evaluation - this includes the following: Classroom Fellows, ASK Residency Fellows, and all members of Improvology! TimeTravelers and the Contemporary Dance Ensemble (cast and crew)
MOVEMORE FELLOW Evaluation - this link is only for MoveMore Fellows
FAMILY LEARNING FELLOW Evaluation - for Local and GluckGlobal Fellows in the following areas: UCR ARTS Museum Education, Family Learning, GluckTV, Social Media, and the VRC
OPA! FELLOW Evaluation - including members of Mosaic, Spotlight on Hope, UCR LPP, Guardian Ambassadors, and student-run music ensembles
Classroom Online Resource Document (CORD) Instructions
All Classroom Fellows must create a Classroom Online Resource Document (CORD) so the teachers you visit can continue enriching the class after you leave, or an interested teacher can introduce their class to your subject if they do not receive your workshop. The CORD is a stand alone document - it is independent of your workshop. We anticipate your work will be used for classes in the future, so please use material appropriate for Public Domain.
The CORD archive is full of examples of past CORDs, including study guides, web quests, activities, games, etc. More information, including a Style Guide and a downloadable Gluck Program logo is available on the Arts Education Resources page of the CORD archive.
Visit the CORD archive for more information and inspiration!