What is the Gluck Program?
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Gluck Fellows Program of the Arts at the University of California, Riverside is to create the opportunity for the broader community to benefit from the creative, performative, and expository talents of the graduate and undergraduate students of the Departments of Art, Creative Writing, Dance, History of Art, Music, Theatre, the Sweeney Art Gallery, and UCR/California Museum of Photography. We believe open access to creative pursuits is one of the fundamental components of healthy communities and endeavor to provide this access to the underserved in the Inland Empire.
- To integrate the arts and culture within the web of the social life of selected constituents of the program.
- To utilize the talents and creative ability of Gluck Fellows to perform, exhibit, teach and illustrate latest creative, technical, and expository artistic expression to these constituents.
- To create opportunities for these constituents to become engaged in a dynamic process of learning, exposition, health, culture and creativity with Gluck Fellows.
- To provide opportunities for original artistic composition for Gluck Fellows and their community constituents.
- Elementary, Middle, and High School students.
- Selected target populations such as the elderly, infirm, and long-term-care persons in nursing homes, hospitals, and hospices.
- Special underserved populations such as Native Americans, hearing-impaired students, neighborhood ethnic groups, and youth groups, with particular consideration for disadvantaged minorities and women.
Who We Are - Current Fellows and Sites
Are you a current Gluck Fellow?
- Current Gluck Fellows looking for instructions, handbooks, links, or forms - visit the Fellow Resources page.
- OPA! Fellows, click here for the OPA! information page.
Are you a current Gluck Site or Department Coordinator?
Prospective Fellows and Sites
Want to be a Gluck Fellow in 2021-2022?
Gluck Applications are available now and fellows will be notified by their departments July 1. The Gluck office can help you craft a fellowship program that will be a successful GluckLive in the community.
Contact us at the Gluck office to talk about OPA! opportunities for the 2020-2021 year! OPA! Fellowship awards are ongoing throughout the year. See Fellow Resources for more information.
Would you like to become a Gluck Site in 2021-2022?
Contact the Gluck office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started. All Gluck sites must be free and open to the public, and located within 25 minutes of UCR or part of AUSD, JUSD, RUSD, MVUSD, or PUHSD. Check out our Site Resources page for more information!